Sunday, June 21, 2009

I'm here!!!

I finally arrived! Mom's water broke at 1:45 this morning. Mom and dad got up and showered, packed, and headed to the hospital. By 3:00 a.m. they were into a room getting all set up. Mom was still only 3 cm and 90% so we were thinking it was going to be quite a while before I arrived. It was then time to sit and wait - mom was doing alright but contractions were getting quite strong by 5:30 or so. She had progressed to 5 cm so it was time to get the epidural. Mom had a few very strong contractions during that but was feeling a little better once the epidural was in. She was still having one little pain and the anesthesiologist asked if maybe mom had progressed any more. It was only 6:30 and the nurse said "Well, I think you're 9....actually, you're completely dilated!!!!" We couldn't believe it!!! We had only been in the hospital for a few hours! They brought dad back in the room after the epidural, called the dr. and got things ready to go! Mom started pushing (and didn't feel anything by the way!!!! woohoo!) and Sydney was out with 30 minutes of pushing! 8:01 a.m. and I finally made my first appearance. I measured 19 inches long and 7 pounds 2 ounces. Things are going great - I breast fed right away without any problems! We'll keep you posted! Come and visit me soon!!! :)

3 comments:

Fosko Family said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for all of you! We'll call soon...

Kevin, Jen, and Bobby

Stephanie and Mark said...

Congratulations again - she is absolutely beautiful! :-) Chase is happy to have a new friend ;-)

RHMandK Brown said...

What a wonderful Father's Day! Congratulations and welcome to the world little Sydney!